Website Home Builders Association of NWI
NOW HIRING: EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Home Builders Association of NWI is searching for an Executive Officer (EO) with a knowledge base that includes the home building industry, business management experience, an internet-marketing background, association management skills and event management experience. The ideal candidate will provide strong leadership and management for the Association by coordinating with the board of directors and membership to consider, plan and set association objectives, and then work to execute the plan.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes all decisions and policies of the board of directors and association bylaws. Attends all meetings and prepares minutes, agenda, reports, etc.
- Supervises and actively participates in the administrative operations of the association.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends to the board of directors, policies, and programs, budgets to further the objectives of the association.
- Safeguards all funds, physical assets, and other property owned by the association.
- Actively manages the association’s financial management system: accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, payroll, taxes, balance sheets, P/L statements, checking, savings accounts and investments in accordance with all set guidelines and procedures.
- Actively manages designing, writing, and editing of printed and digital communications and marketing, including websites and social media.
- Actively manages membership recruitment and retention materials, programs, and services to increase the membership base of the association.
- Manages the implementation of all programs, projects and major events with staff and committees, including the Parade of Homes, NWI New Home Tour and Home Improvement Market, annual golf outing and membership meetings.
- Develops and implements the marketing plans for the association and the association’s special events.
- Recruits, hires, trains, manages, evaluates, and motivates association staff.
- Provides liaison and staff support to committees to enable them to perform their functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, two years work-related experience in association management and experience in event planning.
- Strong administrative and supervisor skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Can multi-task and sustain many programs and events simultaneously
- Must have high degree of computer experience: QuickBooks, Word Press, Microsoft Office programs, Constant Contact and Desk-top publishing programs.
- Website (WordPress) and Graphic Programs from Adobe CS or CorelDraw are appreciated
- Strong public speaking and communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com